Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another Day at the Rink

Once again, at a hockey rink. As I sit here this snowy Saturday morning, I am reminded how lucky we are to have this opportunity. The kids play for a wonderful hockey club not too far from home. That is particularly convenient as find ourselves at the rink 5-6 days a week.

My son is in between ice events for the day. As I wait, I'm watching a group of kids who are just learning to skate on hockey skates and are trying their best to push the puck along with their pint sized stick.  The joy, sheer excitement, and persistence you see in them is the whole reason kids play this awesome game. As they become more competitive, that initial fascination fades. I think I'll ask my son to watch these little guys with me so he can draw from the memories of those days.

Let's remember, it should always be about having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!